[twg-tds] [gaulle@idris.fr: a TDS question]

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jun 20 10:33:59 CEST 2003

    1) was an example of a typical pb: if files names doesn't differ
       from, for example, one language to another, how proceed within
       the TDS tree? since language switch may occur along a document.

In general, as far as I can recall kpathsea's ls-R approach to indexing
requires that all filenames are unique.  This is, of course, an
unfortunate problem, but the only way to fix that would be to rewrite
the entire indexing mechanism.  I don't think that's likely to happen.

In this particular case, it seems like a document has to say (the
equivalent of) \input french/latin1.kbc anyway, not just \input
latin1.kbc.  Doesn't that work, even though latin1.kbc is not unique?
I'm not sure, but it seems like it should.

If it doesn't, all I can think of to do is adding ugly prefixes or
suffixes to make them unique, such as
french/fr-latin1.kbc
german/de-latin1.kbc

Sorry.