TeX CD

Sebastian Rahtz s.rahtz@elsevier.co.uk
Fri, 10 May 1996 08:30:28 +0100

K. Berry writes:
 >     this is just the free reader. i meant to ring up Adobe and check, but
 >     i am pretty sure they *like* this kind of thing.
 >
 > Probably. What counts isn't what some random person on the phone says,
 > anyway. It's what the license statement that comes with the binary says.
i threw it out anyway. i ran out of space

 >      > 3.  Who's going to look at TUGboat contents other than ``hard-core
 >      > TeXies''?
 >     i dont quarrel with that. ok will do
 >
 > What a depressing statement!
 >
 > I'm not sure exactly what tugboat stuff you're talking about -- if it's
 > tugboat authoring junk, ok, but if it's tugboat articles,
 > tables-of-contents, tugboat.bib, etc., I think those reasonably belong
 > in the
its just the tables of contents for TUGboat, not articles. the .bib files
are elsewhere.

 > If you do not have 19.28 around to compile them on
 > (or don't want to take the time to do it)
 > I highly recommend removing the elc's.
hmm, if both of you say this, ok, out they go

 >      > discover the first bug as soon as you unpack the first copy of the
 >      > final product.  Never mind, that's life.
 >
 > It is crucial to do at least some testing of the Real Thing just before
 > it gets written to the CD master, so that TeX Live is not stillborn.

i have been running all my TeX at home for the last 2 months off the
CD, and here i do a lot of my work with the CD disk mounted. for
instance, i have run the whole of Michel/my book (the LaTeX Graphics
Companion) about a million times against the CD distribution.

i also ran all the dvi documentation files to PS using the CD
distribution.

so i am moderately confident. i am not saying the same about the
install program, which hasnt even arrived yet. sigh.

sebastian