TeX CD

K. Berry kb@cs.umb.edu
Wed, 8 May 1996 17:27:15 -0400

     > Does acrobat allow commercial redistribution?

    this is just the free reader. i meant to ring up Adobe and check, but
    i am pretty sure they *like* this kind of thing.

Probably. What counts isn't what some random person on the phone says,
anyway. It's what the license statement that comes with the binary says.

     > 3.  Who's going to look at TUGboat contents other than ``hard-core
     > TeXies''?
    i dont quarrel with that. ok will do

What a depressing statement!

I'm not sure exactly what tugboat stuff you're talking about -- if it's
tugboat authoring junk, ok, but if it's tugboat articles,
tables-of-contents, tugboat.bib, etc., I think those reasonably belong
in the

     > For which Emacs have these .elc files been byte-compiled?  If you're
     > unlucky, files compiled with a recent GNU Emacs might be completely
    they were emacs 19.30. but ..

19.30 .elc's cannot be read by any earlier version of Emacs.
I don't think XEmacs and Emacs .elc's are ever compatible.
If you do not have 19.28 around to compile them on
(or don't want to take the time to do it)
I highly recommend removing the elc's.

     > discover the first bug as soon as you unpack the first copy of the
     > final product.  Never mind, that's life.

It is crucial to do at least some testing of the Real Thing just before
it gets written to the CD master, so that TeX Live is not stillborn.

[unrelated topic]
    > DVItype capacity exceeded (max fonts=100)!

It's 500 for next time. I could probably make it dynamic with little
trouble. I'll look at it.