[Tugindia] [tex-announce] 2020 conferences

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Fri Mar 13 00:01:39 CET 2020

From: Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>
Subject: [tex-announce] 2020 conferences
Date: 13 March 2020 at 3:49:35 AM IST
To: tex-announce at tug.org

Hello TeX folk - for anyone who may not have heard already, the BachoTeX
conference in Poland is cancelled for this year due to the global virus
situation.  http://www.gust.org.pl/bachotex/2020-en

As for the TUG'20 conference in Rochester, New York, it will not come as
a surprise that we have to consider cancelling this as well.  We don't
have to make a final decision just yet about July, so we aren't. We
expect to do so by the beginning of May, if circumstances don't dictate
an earlier decision.

If the conference is cancelled, all registration fees will be
refunded. We do not have the resources to hold an online conference.

Meanwhile, since we understand that no one can reasonably make travel
plans at this time, we are pushing the principal conference deadlines
back until mid-May.
https://tug.org/tug2020

Good luck to us all,
Karl (on behalf of the conference committee)