[Tugindia] Fwd: BachoTeX 2020: call for papers

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Sat Feb 22 03:38:31 CET 2020

It is time for BachoTeX!
From: Jerzy.Ludwichowski <Jerzy.Ludwichowski at gust.org.pl>
Date: Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 12:20 AM
Subject: BachoTeX 2020: call for papers
To: <texhax at tug.org>

Dear TeX users and friends,

please find below the call for papers f0or BachoTeX 2020.

We await your presence and offers of presentations, articles, workshops,
tutorials, poster sessions etc.

Don't hesitate, the registrations are open. The deadline for early bird
registrations is Tuesday, 31st of March.

-- Jerzy Ludwichowski
(for the Organizing Committee)
=====
     The 28th Conference of the Polish Tex Users Group — GUST

                          20. A model kit
   Modeling and implementing text typesetting in TeX and other systems

TeX as a program created by a scientist — Professor of The Art of
Computer Programming, D. E. Knuth — stands out among other typesetting
programs. Here we have not only an implementation but also a theoretical
model to explain its behavior. For example the line breaking algorithm
is based on the “algebra of glue and boxes”. Algorithms designed for TeX
became the basis for several scientific publications. TeX became a
suitable environment for research in typography.

We ask participants to reflect on the dependencies between theoretical
models and implementation. Do they help or are an obstacle?

* Papers/presentations

Of course we also look forward to the normal mix of TeX,
Metafont / Metapost (please, do not forget the fonts!), ConTeXt, LaTeX,
and friends related presentations. We also do upkeep the BachoTeX trend
in which we try to bring together programmers and designers of
typographic systems, typographers and other users of such systems. The
normal channel of offering papers is the emailing of proposals to the
Program Committee, but before rushing off to the mailer, please consult
the info for authors.

* Workshops and tutorials

We look forward to proposals for TeX-related tutorials or introductions.
If you have suggestions for tutorials or workshops by others than
yourself or about specific topics, please let us know.

* Poster sessions

As always at BachoTeX participants will be given the opportunity to
present their TeX and typographic results in the form of posters for
which we provide exhibition space.

* Deadlines and addresses

The deadline for “regular” abstracts and other proposals is March 22nd
2020. The deadline for final papers to appear in the conference
materials is April 12th. Contributions should be sent by email to the
Program Committee:
     prog-2020 at gust.org.pl .

The Program Committee is chaired by Bogusław Jackowski
(b_jackowski at gust dot org dot pl )

For other conference details and the registration form see:
         http://gust.org.pl/bachotex/2020-en.

See you at the Bachotek lake!

River Valley
<https://maps.google.com/maps?q=River%20Valley,%20Thiruvananthapuram%20Neyyardam%20Road,%20Kerala,%20India&vector=1>
GPG Fingerprint = FEF5 A8C5 0D5E F062 E9A4 4044 CD0A AB91 6F94 BEAC
<https://keys.mailvelope.com/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCD0AAB916F94BEAC>