[Tugindia] Fwd: TUG 2015 election results

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Sun May 24 05:33:09 CEST 2015

From: TeX Users Group <tug-news at tug.org>
Date: Sun, May 24, 2015 at 4:19 AM
Subject: TUG 2015 election results
To: all-tug-members at tug.org

Greetings TUG members -

The deadline has come, the ballots have been counted,
and the results are in.

Kaveh Bazargan has been elected president for the term that
ends with the 2017 annual meeting.

The folowing votes were counted:
  Kaveh Bazargan, 307
  Jim Hefferon, 110
Both candidates made a good showing, although the total
number of voters was only about a third of those eligible.

As of the ballot closing date (May 11), 145 paper votes
and 291 electronic valid ballots were received.
Of the 291 electronic votes, 9 were repeats of the same vote.
One member voted (differently) by paper after voting
electronically, so the electronic vote was excluded
from the result.

The electronic votes were processed by a shell script.
Handling the paper votes and matching these up
with electronic votes was time-consuming and expensive.
We suggest that the electronic voting may be strongly
encouraged in the future, while paper ballots could be
sent by request.  We will make specific recommendations
to the election procedures in due course.

This is the first contested election since 2005.
Thanks to everyone for their participation.

Kaja Podlaska Christiansen and Karl Berry
for the Elections Committee

(This note also posted at http://tug.org/election)