[Tugindia] Printing rupee symbol in Latex installed in Ubuntu

Naren Bharatwaj naren.bharatwaj at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 13:57:18 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am looking to use the rupee symbol in my latex document. I've followed
the procedure given in the following link:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/54063/using-tfrupee-with-texlive-in-ubuntu-12-04

However, I was unable to get the desired output when trying to compile the
document with dvi+ps+pdf. I came across this
link<http://apurbapaul.blogspot.in/2012/10/using-indian-rupee-symbol-in-latex.html>which
stated that the rupee symbol is printed only in case of pdfTeX by
adding "\pdfmapfile{=tfrupee.map}" in the preamble, which is working for me.

Has anyone been able to get print the rupee symbol when compiling the
document with dvi+ps+pdf. Any help in this regard would be highly
appreciated.

Regards,

Naren Bharatwaj