[Tugindia] pl help : problem in using xetex/xelatex

aniruddha rumale asrumale at rediffmail.com
Sun Feb 17 04:23:51 CET 2013

dear friends
I just tried to run the following code using xetex. I am having MikTeX 2.945 on my system
on compilation it just won't recognized the article class. code and log is given below.

% code adapted from tex.stackexchange for first compilation
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{array}
% \setmainfont[Script=Devanagari]{Sanskrit 2003}
% \setmainfont[Script=Devanagari]{Mangal}
\setmainfont[Script=Devanagari]{Arial Unicode MS}
\usepackage[margin=2.5cm]{geometry}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{setspace}
\begin{document}
\setcounter{secnumdepth}{-1}
\begin{singlespace}
\begin{center}
\section{{\huge ॥ प्रथमः\ सर्गः\ -\ श्रीभार्गवावतारोपक्रमः ॥}}
\parbox{90mm}{Let's see if this is aligned properly.} \\
\parbox{90mm}{And this line as well.} \\
\parbox{90mm}{सीतारामयशोमञ्जुमुक्तामोदमुदं मुदे} \\
\parbox{90mm}{वन्दे वाग्देवतानाम्नीं मरालीं मानसाश्रयाम्} \\
\fontsize{14}{16}\selectfont
\begin{longtable}{p{90mm}l}
सीतारामयशोमञ्जुमुक्तामोदमुदं मुदे & । \\[0mm]
वन्दे वाग्देवतानाम्नीं मरालीं मानसाश्रयाम् & ॥ १ ॥ \\[0mm]
प्रत्यूहव्यूहशैवोहाहारहारस्रगच्युत- & । \\[0mm]
ध्वजं वार्षध्वजं वन्दे हेरम्बं बुद्धिवल्लभम् & ॥ २ ॥ \\[0mm]
वन्दे वन्दारुवृन्दानां पारिजातपदाम्बुजौ & । \\[0mm]
प्रभाभानू इवाभिन्नौ भवानीभूतभावनौ & ॥ ३ ॥ \\[0mm]
\end{longtable}
\end{center}
\end{singlespace}
\end{document}

I get message like following when compiling with xetex/xelatex on console output
I am using TexWorks editor of MikTeX for editing and compilation
This is XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.3-0.9997.5 (MiKTeX 2.9)
miktex-xetex.exe: The memory dump file could not be found.
miktex-xetex.exe: Data: xetex.fmt

please help me on how to use xetex/xelatex

Aniruddha Subhashchandra RumaleMobile : 9890177859Flat No. GA, Shriram Complex,Amarsimha colony, Malegaon-bkBaramati, Pune 413115 ( MH ) Indiagreat people are those who cares to respond in genuine and gental way. and this is the only reason that your e-mail address is with me.thanks for your every response; that you showeredon my e-mails. asrumale