[Tugindia] Compiling problem with omega

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 18:01:35 CEST 2012

Dear friends,

I am now having serious problem in compiling an article with lamed. The
compilation actually runs smoothly and the dvi comes out without any
visible problem. But when I do dvipdf, the pdf file turns out to have
just one page without any text and the process throws out a lot of
errors. This happens even after I copied the malayalam.map file into the
same directory. I am giving the errors below. Hope you can help me sort
this out.

Regards,
Sasi

The errors thrown out are as follows:

odiyan:~/Articles/തേജസ്/Tectonic-plate-splitting$ dvipdf
Tectonic-Plate-Splittingdvips: Font mlr4b at 13824 not found; scaling
600 instead.
dvips: Such scaling will generate extremely poor output.
dvips: Font mlr4b at 13824 dpi has most likely been made improperly;
dvips: 1 characters have 0 escapements but non-trivial TFM widths.
dvips: I'm stumbling along as best I can, but I recommend regenerating
dvips: these fonts; the problem is probably that they are non-CM fonts
dvips: (such as circle10 or line10) created with a MF with the CM base
dvips: preloaded .
dvips: Font mlr1b at 13824 not found; scaling 600 instead.
dvips: Font mlr1r at 9600 not found; scaling 600 instead.
dvips: Font mlr3r at 9600 not found; scaling 600 instead.
dvips: Font mlr2r at 9600 not found; scaling 600 instead.
dvips: Font mlr2r at 9600 dpi has most likely been made improperly;
dvips: Font mlr4r at 9600 not found; scaling 600 instead.
dvips: Font mlr4r at 9600 dpi has most likely been made improperly;
dvips: Font mlr5r at 9600 not found; scaling 600 instead.
dvips: Font mlr5r at 9600 dpi has most likely been made improperly;
dvips: Font mlr6r at 9600 not found; scaling 600 instead.
dvips: Font mlr6r at 9600 dpi has most likely been made improperly;
dvips: Font mlr4i not found,  using cmr10 instead.
dvips: Checksum mismatch in font mlr4i
dvips: Font mlr3i not found,  using cmr10 instead.
dvips: Checksum mismatch in font mlr3i
dvips: ! invalid char 170 from font mlr3i
odiyan:~/Articles/തേജസ്/Tectonic-plate-splitting$

--
V. Sasi Kumar
Free Software Foundation of India