[Tugindia] TeX2Word

Josy P. Pullockara josy at ctfd.cmmacs.ernet.in
Mon Jun 27 06:15:26 CEST 2011

On Sat, 2011-06-25 at 11:09 +0530, A.Vimaladhithan wrote:
> Is there any software for converting a TeX file into a word document (other
> than Grindeq and Chikri).
> The software should accept and convert the new styles, which we have defined
> in another style files.

First, it is better for you to avoid the conversion :-). TeX and
derivatives are great.

If it is an unfortunate requirement, tex4ht is fantastic in its
approach. You could convert TeX and its derivatives to HTML, ODF and
many others. HTML and ODF may be of interest to you as you could use
OpenOffice on ODF and get MS-Word DOC. MS-Word may be able to read HTML
directly! The HTML output is great! ODF might require a bit of
fine-tuning, but can definitely give a very good starting point.

Finally, See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html why
it is good for you to avoid converting to Word :-)

Also see the fine catalogue:
http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/bytopic.html

Regards,
--