[Tugindia] A LaTex Editor that is user friendly

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Mon Jul 11 14:33:08 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 09:34:55AM +0530, Kannan Moudgalya wrote:

> Mayuresh wrote:
> >vi and/or emacs usually fit the bill. They are compact, fast etc. beside
> >being highly customizable.
> I agree.  I use emacs on my system.  Pressing Control-C twice
> compiles the file.  If a correct pdf reader (not adobe acrobat) is

evince on Linux fits this. Just open the pdf once. It will keep getting
refreshed every time it is remade.

You can trigger the remake using your own hotkey in vi or you can set it
to be remade every time you save changes. (BTW automated remakes can be
distracting. The idea is to focus on contents, complete them and then work
on fine tuning the style matters. It is the latter phase that may require
remaking pdf a no of times.)

Mayuresh.