[Tugindia] Auto generation of two pdfs

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Sat Jan 22 06:08:18 CET 2011

My  solution

I maintain a telephone directory in .tex format for my office. Later some one asked to give a copy of the telephone directory. But I didn't want to give some personal mobile numbers to general public. So what I did is -

I created a macro \pmobile and entered data.

All the tex files are saved department wise without \documentclass and \begin{document}.

Created three separate tex files one containing all numbers, one without the mobile numbers etc.

In the telephone directory where I didnot want the mobile phones I redefined the \pmobile in such a way the number is not printed.

Hope this type of setting will do

DVG