[Tugindia] [OT/Commercial] Preparing PDF for offset printing [was] format for Off Set printer

H.S.Rai hsrai at gmx.net
Thu Feb 10 03:12:28 CET 2011

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 1:05 PM, H.S.Rai <hsrai at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Radhakrishnan CV <cvr at river-valley.org> wrote:
>> On 23-Oct-2010, at 4:14 PM, Sridhar M.A. wrote:
>
> Thank to all who responded.
>
> Now my printer is ready to experiment. He asked to give pdf, and jpg
> of about four pages with coloured images, and he will try with that.

The outcome of experiment is negative.

Is it possible to do preparing job for off-set printing, with FOSS
tool or for production there is only non-free tools. Here it my city,
I got impression that CorelDraw is GOD. Even Goossens, Rahtz and
Mittelbach wrote in their book "The LaTeX - Graphics Companion"

<quote page 348 last paragraph of section 9.5.1>

... take professional advice before embarking on large-scale color
project with LaTeX ...
</quote>

Now, may I know some body who can prepare my pdf for offset printing,
i.e. doing pagination (I don't know exact term, it put about four
pages in different sequence on big page), colour separation [and then
I have to see cost factor, in addition to risk of getting it delayed,
resistance from all around me, who find giving to agency is more
comfortable without caring about the use of software at his end], or
can suggest me tools / procedure to do it. I read somewhere to do that
pagination, what now, unable to find it.

I guess it will be much easier to do in from .tex file, but I have
.pdf, no source .tex as .pdf is prepared by fetching data from
database, producing openoffice document, and then exporting to .pdf
(automatically on server side, developed as web-application)

--
H.S.Rai