[Tugindia] Help needed - Labels with serial numbers

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Tue May 25 11:30:57 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Duvvuri Venu Gopal <
venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Friends
>
> I have to create some labels (more than 1000) with serial number and some
> matter.
>
> Some years back I created this type of labels, but I am not remembering
> how.
>
> I tried to create these labels using
>
> \newcounter{mynum}
> \setcounter{mynum}
> \stepcounter{mynum} etc
>
> along with the labels package. In labels package I used \addresslabel{} but
> the counter is not moving forward.
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated.
>
> Venu Gopal
>

> I use OpenOffice 3.0!
> Do you!!

One solution is to create the labels in the form of a
table in openoffice calc, save it as .csv
file and use the csvtools package. Look at page 4 of the manual in
particular
where it says how to convert a .csv file into a long table.  He has also
written a much more powerful package called datatool.
Take your pick!
His packages are available from CTAN and from his homepage:
http://theoval.cmp.uea.ac.uk/~nlct/latex/packages/index.html
There is a wealth of latex related material there.
With best regards,
S. Venkataraman