[Tugindia] Adobe Acrobat to convert from pdflatex's pdf into Microsoft word?

Shrisha Rao shrao at nyx.net
Mon Feb 1 08:57:30 CET 2010

El feb 1, 2010, a las 11:30 a.m., Ajay Shah escribió:

> Folks,
>
> I tried to take an ordinary (un-complex) pdf file produced using
> pdflatex, and feed it to Adobe Acrobat, and save as M S Word. The
> results are simply horrible. Am I missing something or is this route
> hopeless?

I don't think there is any straightforward way to convert from PDF to Word; that way certainly is destined to fail badly.  Your best bet would be to try the LaTeX2rtf converter on the source, which will (fingers crossed) generate a sensible RTF output that Word can open.  I have not done this in years but recall that the output was less than perfect; you should recover most of the text okay, but math elements (symbols and equations) and intricate formatting typically do not always come through well enough.

Regards,

Shrisha Rao