[Tugindia] Color

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Tue Apr 27 11:30:05 CEST 2010

On 27-Apr-2010, at 2:24 PM, Manjunatha G. wrote:

> Can any one tell me how to use the color package inside
> LaTex document. I used the command \usepackage{color}
> with \documentstyle{article} it has given me an error.
> Is there any simple way to use this option.

In the first place, this is an RTFM question.

\documentstyle is an obsolete command, you may try to use \documentclass{article}. \usepackage{color} will work best with latter.

 \definecolor{colorname}{model}{color spec}

is the command to define colors. An example would be:

 \definecolor{manjunath}{rgb}{.8,.6,.3}

The color can be invoked as:

 \textcolor{manjunath}{<your text goes here>}

or alternatively,

 \color{manjunath} here goes your text ... \normalcolor

You may try to read the relevant documentation by locating grfguide.pdf in your TeX installation. If you are using TeXLive,

  texdoc color

from the prompt will show you the documentation.  Before posting a query, if would be great if you try to find the answer at:

  http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq

Best regards

All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.