[Tugindia] MiKTeX font problem

Amit Raj Dhawan a_r_dhawan at ieee.org
Fri Sep 11 12:30:25 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have a full installation of MiKTeX 2.8 and I can use the Optima fonts.
TeX's Epigrafica fonts (
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/epigrafica.html) are
based on Optima fonts. It is not enough to merely put the files (pfb, afm,
etc.) in the respective folders, you have to even specify the path so that
TeX can find the files.

I guess you are using MiKTeX 2.8 "basic" installation (smaller in size). If
you have a full installation of MiKTeX 2.8, it should work perfectly. If you
want to use the "basic" installation, then you can use an editor like WinEdt
(http://www.winedt.com/) and it will install packages for you on the fly
from the internet.

Sincerely,

Amit Raj Dhawan