[Tugindia] spacing problem with long equations

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Mon Jan 5 04:20:04 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 2:48 AM, Sreejith Kuttanikkad
<sreejithpk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am having some spacing problem between paragraphs and long equations and
> the page does not look good. I am attaching a small example to show the
> problem.

You need to manually tweak at least 5 to 10% pages of a long document
to make pages look smart and uniform throughout. LaTeX cannot and will
not make that decision in all situations, but you can minimize such
occurrences considerably if you tweak glues of various skips,
penalties and other parameters carefully.  If you are using document
classes like memoir or komascript, spacing parameters should have
already been optimized, meaning, your manual intervention is
warranted.

> Also see the pdf output attached.

Your attachment got chopped by the mailman, we don't entertain
attachments for fear of spammers. You may upload your document to
somewhere in the Internet and give us the URL or send me off the list.

Best regards