[Tugindia] Malayalam LaTeX

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.keraladevelopment at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 20:21:12 CEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 20:05 +0530, Asha G wrote:
> I would like to know if Malayalam LaTeX is available in a kile format.

Could you explain what you meant by "kile format"? Kile is only an
editor customised for conveniently editing and compiling LaTeX files. Do
you mean whether the Malayalam TeX file can be compiled from Kile? You
can do that if you use Omega/Lambda where you type directly in Malayalam
rather than use transliteration.

> Also, if it can only be used with  a Linux operating system or can be used
> with Windows (XP) too.
> Is there any tutorial?

If you can type in Malayalam, you can simply use the omal package and
compile it with lambda just as you do with latex (that is, assuming that
you are familiar with LaTeX). But there is no equivalent for pdflatex in
Omega. Another option would be to use XeTeX. In any case, you should be
able to use these in Windows XP.

Best
--
Dr. V. Sasi Kumar