[Tugindia] (no subject)

Senthil Kumar M senthil.debian at gmail.com
Wed May 28 08:38:56 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:55 PM, Dr.Sudheer Joseph <sjo.india at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear users,
>                       I was trying to use beamer for making slides and was
> trying to run the example file came with the beamer package.
> and getting the following error. I have installed pgf by using mpm
> --install=pgf and the installation did not give any error. But I get the
> below error when I try to run the beamerexample-conference-talk.tex which I
> got from the beamer website
>
> /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/pgf-1.01/generic/pgf/systemlayer/pgfsys.code.tex:761:Package
> pgfsys Error: Driver file ``pgfsys-dvipsone.def'' not found.. ...ver file
> ``\pgfsysdriver'' not found.}{}}

Hi,

Try the following example. I use graphicx package instead of using
pgf. I do not know if this is the ideal solution, but it works for me.

%%File begin
\documentclass{beamer}
\usetheme{default}
\useoutertheme{infolines}
%\usefonttheme{serif}
\setbeamertemplate{items}[default]
\setbeamertemplate{navigation symbols}{}
\usepackage{graphicx,color}
\title[Short title]{Title of your talk}
\author{Senthil}
\institute{University Name}
\date{\today}

\begin{document}

\begin{frame} % Cover slide
\titlepage
\begin{center}
\scalebox{0.1}{\includegraphics{fig/uni-logo.jpg}}
\end{center}
\end{frame}
\begin{frame}
\begin{itemize}[<+->]