[Tugindia] (no subject)

Dr.Sudheer Joseph sjo.india at gmail.com
Wed May 28 05:37:57 CEST 2008

Dear Kumar,
                            Thank u for your suggestions. By mistake  I
typed prosper but I was using powerdot.
any way the question was how to adjust the horizontal default tabbing when
we use  itemize environment. I think  itemsep is for controlling vertical
gap between items.
for eg
\begin{ itemize}
\item xxxx
\item yyyy
\end{itemize}
here xxxx and yyyy will be shifted towards right when we run latex I want to
adjust the amount of shift towards right ( as I cannot use the default shift
due to space constrain

Thank you
Sudheer

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 6:55 PM, Senthil Kumar M <senthil.debian at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Dr. Sudheer Joseph <sjo at incois.gov.in>
> wrote:
> > Dear Users,
> >           I wand to control the default tabbing  done by itemize
> > environment. How to do it?. I was preparing a  slide using prosper and
> > wanted to pack more text in to a minipage environment which in which I
> used
> >  \itemize listing environment as it takes more space for tabbing lot of
> > space in the minipage is getting wasted when I want to compress the text.
> > Please advise.
> > Sudheer
>
> Without an example, it is difficult to provide a solution,  but have
> you tried \itemsep ?
>
> As a side note, perhaps beamer might be better than prosper for making
> slides.
>
> Senthil

Dr. Sudheer Joseph
Scientist
Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS)
Ocean Valley, Post Box No# 21,
IDA Jeedimetla P.O.
Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy District - 500 055
Andhra Pradesh, India.
TEl:+91-40-23044600(R),Tel:+91-9440832534(Mobile)
Tel:+91-40-23886047(O),Fax:+91-40-23895011(O)
E-mail:sjo at rediffmail.com <E-mail%3Asjo at rediffmail.com>;
sudheer.joseph at yahoo.com; sjo at incois.gov.in.
Web- http://oppamthadathil.tripod.com
"The ultimate measure of a man is