[Tugindia] BIBTEX to BIB item

Kapil Hari Paranjape kapil at imsc.res.in
Sun Mar 16 15:13:16 CET 2008

Hello,

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008, sudheer wrote:
> I am sudheer. I am having *.bib file with lot of references in
> it. Now for a journal they are asking me to give it in bib item wise
> references with so many punctuations in between. is there is any
> tool that I can convert my entries into bib items.

The usual way in which a .bib file is used is as follows.

You have a latex file which refers to entries in the .bib file with
commands like \cite{tag} or \nocite{tag} where "tag" is the tag of
the entry in the .bib file.

Then at some point (usually the end) of the latex file you have
	\bibliographystyle{style}
	\bibliography{file}
where "style" is the name of the biblio style (which you refer to as
a "so many punctuations in between"). You must choose from one of the
many styles available (look for .bst files in your TeX distribution).

The "file" above refers to your .bib file.

Hope this solves your question,

Kapil.