[Tugindia] Beamer Class

Nina Mazumdar nina.mazumdar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 06:23:17 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 7:43 PM, Anoop Sinha <dr.anoopsinha at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Nina Mazumdar <nina.mazumdar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The above sources will not compile.  I got the following error:
>>
>>  Runaway argument?
>>  \begin {center} \frametitle {outline of talk} \textbf { \begin {itemi\ETC.
>>  ! File ended while scanning use of \frame.
>>  <inserted text>
>>                \par
>>  <*> test
>
> The code is missing an \end{frame}. Just append this to the end and it
> should compile.

Are you sure?

But the reality is different.  I again got the following error:

 Runaway argument?
  \begin {center} \frametitle {outline of talk} \textbf { \begin {itemi\ETC.
  ! File ended while scanning use of \frame.
  <inserted text>
                \par
  <*> test

The error will be fixed if and only if all the groups opened are
closed in the correct nested order.  See the OP's source code:

> \begin{frame}
> \begin{center}
> \frametitle{outline of talk}
> \textbf{
>  \begin{itemize}
> \item <1-> text
> \item <2-> text
> \item <3-> text
> \item <4-> text
> \item <5-> equation
> \item <6-> equation
> \item <7-> txt
> \item <8-> txt
> \end{itemize}

You will note that "\begin{frame}", "\begin{center}" and "\textbf{"
are not closed with corresponding "}", "\end{center}" and
"\end{frame}".  Simple appending of "\end{frame}" will not make the
code a balanced one.

Best regards

--
Nina