[Tugindia] How to use JPEG2eps

Sridhar M.A. sridharma at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 04:09:55 CEST 2007

On 10/22/07, sudheer <sudheer108 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have downloaded the software JPEG2eps as per recommended by one of the
> memeber but I found that the documentation is in German so I could not use
> it. Can you please tell me how to use it?
>
> also i am working in windows environment.

I work under linux. If I am not too mistaken, jpeg2ps works
identically under both Windows and Linux. Here is what I get :

$ jpeg2ps --help
jpeg2ps: invalid option -- -
jpeg2ps V1.9: convert JPEG files to PostScript Level 2 or 3.
(C) Thomas Merz 1994-2002

usage: jpeg2ps [options] jpegfile > epsfile
-a        auto rotate: produce landscape output if width > height
-b        binary mode: output 8 bit data (default: 7 bit with ASCII85)
-h        hex mode: output 7 bit data in ASCIIHex encoding
-o <name> output file name
-p <size> page size name. Known names are:
          a0, a1, a2, a3, a4, a5, a6, b5, letter, legal, ledger, p11x17
-q        quiet mode: suppress all informational messages
-r <dpi>  resolution value (dots per inch)
          0 means use value given in file, if any (disables autorotate)

You can use that as a guide.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.