[Tugindia] eps figures too large for page

David Owen dowen at carib-link.net
Sat Jan 20 17:38:26 CET 2007

Hi, Everyone,
All the best for a GOOD New Year 2007.
I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask the following quastions. If it is not I shall be happy if someone can tell me where I should ask it.
I just created some figures using Excel and then converted them to .EPS. When I opened them using Ghostview some of them were too large for the page. However, When I put them in a Latex file and SCALING APPROPRIATELY then compiled (using, say, Winedt)  the DVI file showed them very nicely. Can someone tell me why some of the ghostview files were so large?
I shall be happy for any help.
Thank you,
D.Owen