[Tugindia] Printing option for DVIPS

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Fri Apr 20 07:03:13 CEST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: tugindia-bounces at tug.org [mailto:tugindia-bounces at tug.org] On
Behalf Of M. KALIDOSS
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 11:12 AM
To: tugindia at tug. org
Subject: [Tugindia] Printing option for DVIPS

Dear TUGIndia,
I have a LaTeX document for a 64 page booklet.
I have used the route LaTeX => PS => PDF.
I have used a4paper and 12pt.
I want to have print-out using A4 paper, but with 2 pages on a sheet
(so that the final output will be on A5 paper).

That means I should have the print out of pages 1 and 64 on one
side of the paper and pages 2 and 63 on the reverse and so on.
This way, I can use the stappler pin at the centre of the paper and
use it as an A5 booklet.

I remember having seen a command line option for DVIPS to
achieve this, but unfortunately I have lost track of it.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.
Regards.
M. Kalidoss

Have you looked at the printer options?  Many of the
recent printers from HP print Duplex(back to back) automatically.
For example, we have a HP1320 printer and it can print back to back.
You need not specify any commandline arguments for this. You can
select this in the tab `finishing' under document properties. Not only
this, it can also print a booklet with 4 pages on an A4 sheet.
Sounds like a spiel for HP printers, but the point I want to
make is that even not-so-high-end printers support this.  Many of these
have postscript emulation also.  So, in the unlikely event of not having

seen the manual yet, please take a look.
With best regards,
S. Venkataraman