[Tugindia] [TugIndia] : Table of contents

Manjusha Joshi msj at bprim.org
Mon Sep 25 15:58:52 CEST 2006

>    1. Re: table  of content with out dots (E. Krishnan)

> On Sat, 23 Sep 2006, Manjusha Joshi wrote:
> > I want to produce table of contents with the command \tableofcontents
> > which does not have dotted lines in the content.
>
> One quick trick is to include the following lines in your preamble:
>
>    \makeatletter
>      \renewcommand{\@dotsep}{1000}
>    \makeatother

I tried this but no effect has been observed.
Also, I tried tocloft package as suggested by Sridhar M.A.
It gives some required effect with code:
\renewcommand{\cftsecleader}{\cftnodots\hfill}
but with \hfill  it puts 10000 at the end of each line of the contents where I
removed dots.

If used same command with out \hfill. It tries to fill the space between  page
number with very odd spaces in between and putting title of the entry in the
content scattered on the whole line.

Any pointer will be helpful.

Regard,
-Manjusha Joshi