[Tugindia] help with subsrcipts and superscripts

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Mon Oct 16 10:08:53 CEST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From:	tugindia-bounces at tug.org on behalf of David Owen
Sent:	Fri 10/13/2006 8:40 PM
To:	tugindia at tug.org
Subject:	[Tugindia] help with subsrcipts and superscripts

Hi, I don't know if this is the correct place to ask the following question
but I'll ask it anyway.

Can someone tell me how to write letters with subscripts and/or superscripts
in figures created by DIA? Also how do I write Greek letters in these
figures?

 I shall be very happy.

Thanks

D. Owen

Hi!
I do not know if this is such a good
solution.  May help if you depsperately
want to to insert superscripts and subsripts.
You can export to pstricks format and manually
edit the file.  For example, if you want x_1 in the
figure, put in just x, export the file to pstricks
format.  The file will have a .tex extension.  You
can then open the file in your favourite text editor
and replace x by $x_1$, etc. You can
then input the file with \input or \include command.
The trouble is every time you modify the file,
you have to export it to pstricks format and edit
it in a text editor.
Another option is metapost format, but I haven't used
it so far.
PS: Why not use ipe? It allows you to insert latex
code.
With best regards,
S. Venkataraman.