[Tugindia] New class file

V. Sasi Kumar vsasi at hotpop.com
Mon Oct 2 13:30:52 CEST 2006

On 30/09/06, Steve Peter <speter at dandy.net> wrote:

> Are you certain you copied report.cls and not book.cls?

I redid the exercise and now it is working. For the life of me, I am
not able to make out what I did wrong the first time.

Now I have a different problem. I have used fancyhdr and put \leftmark
in the header. I want the header to show the chapter number and name
in lowercase. But the chapter name should be in uppercase in the main
text. I have used MakeUppercase in the class file, so that I can type
the chapter name in mixed case and get it in uppercase. But the header
also appears in uppercase. I don't want that to happen. Any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Best
--