[Tugindia] Spacing between lines with mathematical formulae

E. Krishnan ekmath at asianetindia.com
Sat Nov 25 01:10:10 CET 2006

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Kannan Moudgalya wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I want to create a Table of some mathematical formulae.  I display fractions
> using \dfrac command in running text.  Unfortunately, the spacing between
> the lines is very little.  Can someone tell me how to increase the line
> spacing?

There are are several ways to increase inter-row space in a "tabular"
environment.

1. Use the command "\renewcommand{\arraystretch}{1.5}" to increase the
   spacing to 1.5 times the default spacing between all rows. (You can use
   any number instead of 1.5 to get the spacing you need).

2. Put an invisible (zero-width) vertical line of required height in
   the cells containing the tall entries.

--
Krishnan