[Tugindia] Request for three new symbols

Swami Pallasena swami at math.mun.ca
Thu May 4 15:23:41 CEST 2006

I am loooking for  the following three new symbols to be used in a
document, (where the body font is mathpazo), and the output is generated
with pdfLaTeX. (These symbols resemble some already ia available in
MusiXTeX, harmony packages):

(i) an (upper)  semicircle with the central dot, without the
diameter (this resembles the \musixchar80 (\fermataup), but that
symbol is too heavy and thick - I need a slightly lighter version).

(ii) a symbol similar to \musixchar63  (or \AcPA  from harmony.sty,
but I need  a slightly longer stem, and almost vertically
positioned)

(iii) A -30 degree slant (to left) calligraphic S, with a forward
slash and two dots,  that is, \musixchar86 called \segno, but I
need the caligraphic  S to be thinner.

I will be using these three symbols as "accent marks" placed over
English letters using "\stackrel".

Unfortunately, MusiXTeX conflicts  with mathpazo/Palatino and
some other packages I load, and I get lots of errors).
So, I would prefer these symbols constructed from usually
available symbols, avoiding the usage of MusiXTeX.