[Tugindia] Inconsistent Bib entry display

rijo rijo at igidr.ac.in
Tue Feb 28 20:51:01 CET 2006

Hi all,

I have two entries in my bib file as follows.

@incollection{chaloupka00c,
author       ="Frank J. Chaloupka and Teh-wei Hu and Kenneth E. Warner
and Rowena Jacobs and Ayda Yurekli",
title           ="The Taxation of Tobacco Products",
booktitle   ="Tobacco Control in Developing Countries",
year          ="2000",
editor        ="Prabhat Jha and Frank J. Chaloupka",
publisher   =OUP,
address     ="Oxford, New York",
pages        ="237-272",
}

@incollection{chaloupka00a,
author       ="Frank J. Chaloupka and John A Tauras and Michael Grossman",
title           ="The Economics of Addiction",
booktitle   ="Tobacco Control in Developing Countries",
year          ="2000",
editor        ="Prabhat Jha and Frank J Chaloupka",
publisher   =OUP,
address     ="Oxford, New York",
pages        ="107-129",
}

Both are entries from the same book but different chapters. Irrespective
of the bib style I use, the entry for the first
item is displayed with all authors in the main body of document.
However, for the second it uses chaloupka et al.
Actually I want bibtex to write (author et al.) whenever there are more
than two authors and it is doing exactly that for all my bib entries but
for the first entry above for which surnames of all authors are listed
in the main body of document.
I want that also to appear as chaloupka et al. but just doesn't happen.
I even tried changing from @incollection to @conference @inbook etc. but
no avail. Why this inconsistency I don't understand. Can anyone explain?

Thanks, Rijo.

Rijo.M.John,Research Scholar
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research,
Film City Road, Goregaon East,
Mumbai, India-400065.
contact: (+91)9892412476