[Tugindia] Inconsistent Bib entry display

Rijo John rijo at igidr.ac.in
Sat Apr 8 11:17:18 CEST 2006

Thank you kannan and mayuresh. Well, I have tried different bibliography
styles. I really dont think it is a problem with the .bst file. What I see
here is an incosistency. I mean when there are 3 authores (in my example
below) it shows author et al. whereas in the first case where there are
more than 3 authors it does not and shows names of all authors.  And
remember it happens only for that particular bib entry. I do have other
bib entries in my bib file with more than 3 authors. They all get
displayed properly as author et al. How can a bib style be one bibitem
specific? This is what I dont understand.

Here is the relevant entry from my bst file:
INTEGERS { nameptr namesleft numnames }

FUNCTION {format.rem.names}
{ 's :=
  'f :=