[Tugindia] installing wikner's devanagari fonts on Linux

Ravi Parimi rparimi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 07:26:17 CEST 2005

Hi Radhakrishnan,

Thank you very much for instructions on copying files.. I have not
been able to locate a few files though. Can you please let me know
how/what I missed these?

> ifthen.sty and multicol.sty are part of any standard TeX distribution.
> It should be available at your:
>
>   $TEXMF/tex/latex/tools/multicol.sty
>   $TEXMF/tex/latex/base/ifthen.sty
>
> ($TEXMF in a linux box might be /usr/share/texmf or /usr/local/texmf or
> /usr/local/share/texmf or ...)

I found these on my machine..I wasn't looking in the right place..

> copy the *.pfb files to:
>   $TEXMF/fonts/type1/public/sanskrit

The readme that comes along with Wikner's fonts does not mention .pfb
files. Looks like I have to create them using some commnad? Can you
tell me what I should do ?

> copy the *.fd and *.sty files to:
>   $TEXMF/tex/latex/psnfss

I didn't find any *.fd files at all..