[Tugindia] formatting table

Alexander Nervedi alexnerdy at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 25 02:43:26 CEST 2005

Hi
I am sure there is a simple solution to this. But I dont know what that may
be.

Problem: I'd like asterisks to show the level of significance on my
regression results.

My Attempt:

\begin{tabular}{r|c}
\hline
          Variable     &  T-value \\
\hline
          Age         &    1.98**
          Height      &    2.53***
         Weight      &    0.05
\hline
\end{tabular}

the table works and the code compiles..... and the table does center the 2nd
column. Except that it get the second two with 3 asterisks to look out of
alignment with the others.

Is it possible to just align the numbers and not the asterisk. so that in
fact the output looks exactly like the way i have types it, the numeric part
being centered and the astersiks being appended to it, instead of shifting
the entire cell entry further to the right.

Looking forward to your suggestions on this.

Thanks.!
-ul nadi