[Tugindia] Fitting ps to different page size

Sridhar M.A. sridharma at gmail.com
Mon May 2 11:23:41 CEST 2005

On 5/1/05, H S Rai <hsrai at gmx.net> wrote:
> I have a "old.ps" file containing single page graphics for a4 page. I
> want to print it streched (scaled, fitted) on a page 14"*12". i.e. I
> want produce a file "new.ps" from "old.ps", which on "lpr new.ps"
> print on a custom paper with fitted matter. I tried "psresize", but
> failed to get result.
>
> Which is the right route?

Probably, this will help you. It is available as a debian package also.

POSTER(1)
                 POSTER(1)

NAME
       poster - Scale and tile a postscript image to print on multiple pages

SYNOPSIS
       poster <options> infile

DESCRIPTION
       Poster  can  be  used  to  create a large poster by building it
from multiple pages and/or
       printing it on large media.  It expects as input a generic
(encapsulated) postscript file,
       normally printing on a single page.  The output is again a
postscript file, maybe contain-
       ing multiple pages together building the poster.  The output
pages bear cutmarks and  have
       slightly  overlapping  images  for easier assembling.  The
input picture will be scaled to
       obtain the desired size.
Regards,

--