[Tugindia] Hi Radhakrishnan,

Stefan Scriba Scribas at ukzn.ac.za
Mon Jul 4 13:09:28 CEST 2005

Hi Radhakrishnan,

just a thought - the problem with the TUG list at the moment, is that invariably
there are people who simply reply and include all the previous notices without doing
any editing. Especially when the list is busy, one then has to scroll through pages
of previous notices to get to the next relavent notice. I am slowly losing faith in
the general public's willingness to observe society's rules and take fellow human
beings into account. My first suggestion is therefore to raid offender's bank
accounts, to bring the message home. Alternatively and a bit more realistically,
would it not perhaps be better to improve the system. For example, a general tux
e-mail with all the relevant info could be sent out with each individual post linked
as an attachment? Our linux mailing list (LEAD LUG) here in Durban, South Africa
works like that. Even if people reply without editing, they will only include the
info from one attachment. Might be a bit more overhead, but still worth while?

Stefan
Member of TeX User Group 4113

Radhakrishnan wrote:

Need not be apologetic at all.  I'm hardly bothered about how I am addressed.
But very much bothered if people don't follow list guidelines like
trimming one's own post, quoting the relevant portion alone from the
[...]