[Tugindia] RE: single column in double column

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.com
Sat Jul 2 06:44:30 CEST 2005

On Fri, July 1, 2005 6:52 pm, Vinoth Kumar S. said:
> Dear All,
>
> In the double column journals, how can I proceed the
> text, equations, figures, tables and other environments, to single column
> full page width.

As far as floats are concerned, you can use the starred variants which
will use the textwidth instead of column width.  You need to write your
own routines to span long equations through the textwidth, since equations
are not floats.  If you write such a package, please make it public so
that other users can make use of it.

> And also list all the packages that are supports other environments of
> single column typeset, in double column.

I don't understand exactly what you mean in the above lines.  It might be
so kind of your if you would write in a comprehensible manner.  Obviously
your post is meant for others to read and understand.  Also, a little more
politeness will not be harmful.  People who want to help you will be
dissuaded by the manner you write.