[Tugindia] PostScript, PSTricks

S. venkataraman svenkat at ignou.ac.in
Thu Dec 8 05:39:09 CET 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: tugindia-bounces at tug.org [mailto:tugindia-bounces at tug.org] On
Behalf Of E. Krishnan
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 6:59 AM
To: TUGIndia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Tugindia] PostScript, PSTricks

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005, Kev wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have a question regarding learning the Post Script
> syntax. Does anyone know of any books, tutorials that
> explain the use from basic to advanced usage of PS.

Please have a look at the "PostScript Tutorial and Cookbook" (The Blue
Book) available at

    www-cdf.fnal.gov/offline/PostScript/BLUEBOOK.PDF

> I wanted to be able to use PSTricks a little better than
> having to use Corel draw.

For normal usage of PSTricks, you need not know PostScript. Please have
look at the PSTricks tutorial (not complete) available at

   www.sarovar.org

--
Krishnan

Yes, I forgot about the blue book.  Bill Casselman's book
will be of interest to somebody who is interested in mathematics.
But it may be tough otherwise. His book page
also contains links to other tutorials on postscript, in particular,
the blue book mentioned by you.
Regards,
S. Venkataraman.