[Tugindia] Re: Drawing figures for latex documents

Prof. S.B. Biswas sbiswas at klyuniv.ernet.in
Fri Aug 26 07:17:07 CEST 2005

> > I shall be happy to find software to draw figures
> > consisting mainly of straight lines etc.,
> > D.Owen
>
> If you are using MS Windows, then try LaTeXcad package.
>
> > If you choose the first option, then "gnuplot" and "xfig" are some
of the
> > tools in a Linux system which can be used.
> > Krishnan
>
> I think, gnuplot package is for ''plotting'' and not for drawing.
>
> M. Kalidoss

1.To draw figures that you want, go to <dia> application in linux
system. Draw figure just like window, save as <fig.dia>. Now you can
export this fig as ps, eps. from the same dia application.
2. You can draw figure in mswindow and convert it to eps or ps. however
this converted ps or eps do not see good looking.
3. you can do it with xfig. but for new one dia is best and easier.
S Biswas

|Prof. S. Biswas                   |
|Department of Physics,            |
|University Of Kalyani,            |