[Tugindia] psbezier

Manjusha Joshi msj at bprim.org
Sat Aug 13 06:23:04 CEST 2005

Hello,
> > I am confused about psbezier. It takes more than 4control points without
> > let me know if there is any solution to this problem.
>
> You cannot create a spline curve with less than the required number
> of control points. The curve would be indeterminate!\

One can always create a bezier curve for $n, n >= 2  $ points having degree of
curve  $n-1$. So If there are 3 points, one can draw Bezier curve of degree
2.
And for 2 points bezier curve of degree 1 i.e. line.

Only things is that \psbezier curve command is so defined that it requires 4
points. Bezier curve for four points is always smooth i.e.  at least $C^1$
curve. Therefore it is obvious to design bezier curve command for 4 points.
And trick to obtain curve for  lesser number of point is, you use same command
with repetition of end points, so effectively, there should be 4 points and
since end points are repeating figure remains unaffected.
Regards,
Manjusha