[Tugindia] external file location

Ganesh Babu Nallamothu, Integra-India ganeshbabu.nallamothu at integra-india.com
Mon Nov 15 11:58:07 CET 2004

Dear All,

I am having two external files viz. fnts.tex and amssym.tex. I want to place
these two files in a safe loaction(Apart from working directories) so that
nobody can change these files, still they can able to use the commands. I
have placed the files in \\server\texdef folder and given the input command
as \input //server/texdef/amssym.tex same way for fnts.tex. But commands in
fnts.tex are showing errors and amssym.tex are not?  What will be reason for
this?

Can anybody tell whether I am doing the correct process or any other way is
there to achieve this?

Ganesh