[Tugindia] LaTeX for school children

Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana bhaskara_p at vsnl.com
Thu May 13 12:11:08 CEST 2004

Hello,

We at Bhaskaracharya Pratishthana, Pune, arranged 2 weeks course on LaTeX for
8th Std. students.
Usually, we arranged it for Professors , teachers and research students.

Idea of teaching LaTeX to  school children was first introduced by Niyam
Bhushan (LL), Delhi, when he visited our institute. And then the idea guided
by   Prof. S. A. Katre (Univ. Pune, dept. of Maths) and then  preparation of
exercises and actually training done by me.

We had very live response from students. We selected 3 student, which are
bright in Mathematics and familiar with computers. They give us good results
in understanding and learning LaTeX.

Just for lists' information.

-Manjusha Joshi
--