[Tugindia] Using Sabon type face

Amitava Das Gupta amitav at vsnl.net
Tue Jun 29 16:41:13 CEST 2004

Hi!

I am not very familiar with LaTeX, though I use it sometimes. I would like
to know how to use a non-standard font in my work. Specifically, I would
like to use the "Sabon" type face. I have put in the \usepackage{sabon} in
the preamble, but the font does not appear in the dvi file, and while
compiling, I get a "LaTeX Font Warning : Certain font shapes were not
available, defaults substituted." I have asked all the people I know, who
are using LaTeX, specifically MiKTeX, but no one seems to know anything
about it.

The sabon.sty file, and all the required .tfm and .vf files are there
inside the \texmf tree. I am using Windows98. Any help would be much
appreciated.

Thanks

Amitava Das Gupta
amitav at vsnl.net