[Tugindia] Colour printing: Professional quality

H S Rai hsraidce at iitr.ernet.in
Fri Jun 18 18:07:08 CEST 2004

Jun 10 at 9:30pm +0530 H S Rai wrote:

>   Today at 3:59pm +0530 Amitabh Trehaan wrote:
>
>   >   Of course, thats what is regularly done. I beileve the package color
>   >   allows  you to create your colour using CMYK besides RGB. Once you
>   >   define them and convert into postscript it is actually the matter of
>   >   what level of professional printing equipment you have to get the final
>   >   result.

I believe "Poligraf" is the package which uses "cmyk-hax". I could
get colour separation of .eps files included (which was drawn in
xFig). However, an eps file converted from jpg fail to allow these
package to separate colours. Can some one help on this issue.

Is there any way to get colour separation from a PDF file?

>   My doubt arises from last paragraph of section 9.5.1 on page 348 of
>   "The LaTeX Graphics Companion" by Goossens, Rahtz, and Mittelbach,
>   which is reproduced here:
>
>          ... we strongly suggest that readers take
>          professional advice before embarking on large-scale
>          full color projects with LaTeX ... user who need
>          relatively simple color printing ( 2 color book )
>          can do very well without recourse to commercial
>          software ...
>
>   The above paragraph make me to view that for complex printing,
>   commercial softwares are the only solution.

I expected comments from TUG_India list members on on above mentioned
paragraph.

--
H.S.Rai    http://www.grex.org/~hsrai | Registered Linux User # 223684
http://counter.li.org/cgi-bin/runscript/display-person.cgi?user=223684

:
####[ GNU/Linux One Stanza Tip (LOST) ]#######################

Sub : Re-initialising X resources                    LOST #359

You can reload your X-resources explicitly without restarting
X. Changes to your .Xdefaults file will not take effect until
the next time you restart X ... To reload X-resources without
restarting X, do: $xrdb -load ~/.Xdefaults

: