[Tugindia] Re: Figure Alignment

M. Kalidoss mkalidoss at sancharnet.in
Mon Jun 14 09:59:59 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
> how can I get the following -
>                                        -------------
>                                        |           2  |
>                                        |  1           |
>                                        |           3  |
>                                        -------------
> where 1, 2, 3 are figures or some text. I tried using minipage and
> subfigure, but it didn't work. Any pointers as to get the above alignment.
> Arun

You can try the following (\parbox{3cm}{} may be changed or omitted to suit
your needs.):

\begin{tabular}{cc}
\parbox{3cm}{This material is for the LHS.} &
        \begin{tabular}{c}
            \parbox{3cm}{This material is for the top of RHS.}\\
            \parbox{3cm}{This material is for the bottom of RHS.}
        \end{tabular}
\end{tabular}

M. Kalidoss