[Tugindia] Help - question about increemnting table numbers

Ajay Shah ajayshah at mayin.org
Sat Jun 12 11:08:52 CEST 2004

Folks,

I'm using latex floating tables and figures, and all is well.

Now I have some very-long tables which will obviously not float. I
will manually do them using supertabular.

How do I give this table the "correct" table number (automatically)
using latex? How do I ensure that the next table (after this bulky
one), which is being done using the ordinary

\begin{table}
\end{table}

will get a correct number?

Thanks much,

       -ans.

ps: I'm using float.sty - I assume that shouldn't change anything?

--
Ajay Shah                                                   Consultant
ajayshah at mayin.org                      Department of Economic Affairs