[Tugindia] windvi supports hyperlink?

Badri T Natarajan tbadri at mail.tapmi.org
Thu Jun 3 14:13:25 CEST 2004

FYI, this is from the windvi documentation.

3.1 HyperTeX support
Windvi will handle specials inserted by packages such as hyperref by Sebastian Rahtz. This means that you will be able to navigate inisde (and outside !) your document, much like with your usual browser.

Hyperlinks are automatically hilighted. The behaviour is modified in the following way :

clicking on mouse left will move to the page the link is pointing to. That means if it is inside your document, the page pointed is displayed. If it is in another dvi file, this file is opened and the page displayed. If the link references anything else than a dvi file, the Windows shell is called to handle the reference. That means such an url as mailto:fabrice.popineau at supelec.fr will probably launch Outlook Express or whatever is your default mail tool.
clicking on control plus mouse left will do the same, except that if the link points to another dvi file, your current dvi file will stay open, and another windvi will display the new file. If you are running in single-instance mode, there will be no difference between using control and not using it.
there is a back icon tool to go back through the hyperlinks list you have browsed.

Best Regards,
Badri