[Tugindia] Section spacing

Ragu.solaiappan, Integra ragu.solaiappan at integra-india.com
Mon Jul 19 15:28:03 CEST 2004

Dear Suresh,

Can you please try with the following method of using different
\@startsection in your class file.

Your input files should be:

	\sectionAB{This is A heading followed by B head}

	\subsection{This is B heading}

	xxxx  xxxx  xxxx  xxxx  ..

	\section{This is A heading only followed by text}

	xxxx  xxxx  xxxx  xxxx  ..

Please check the following lines from the .cls file.

You must define \@startsection and \@startsectionAB

\def\section{\@startsection{section}{1}{\z@}
    {24pt plus 6pt minus 2pt}
    {12pt}
    {\reset at font\hyphenpenalty9999\TWELVE\BOLD}}

% when A head followed by B head - \sectionAB{...}
\def\sectionAB{\@startsectionAB {section}{1}{\z@}
    {24pt plus 6pt minus 2pt}
    {12pt}
    {\reset at font\hyphenpenalty9999\ELEVEN\BOLD}}

By this method, you can get your output without any problem.

Regards
Ragu

Dear All,

In the section definition, I have mentioned above 36pt and below 24pt as
constant spacing.
The below spacing, for Section is constantly 24pt.

Example:	   	1. Section

			   This is the section text with base to base 24pt.
... .. .

But, I require 36pt spacing if the subsection is followed by the section.
Is their any possibility to define such cases in the class files itself.

Example:	   	1. Section

			1.1. Subsection
			     This is the subsection text ... ... .. .

Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

with regards,
suresh