[Tugindia] appendix in article class

Rijo John rijo at igidr.ac.in
Wed Jul 14 07:54:32 CEST 2004

Dear Tex users,

 Can anyone tell me how can I use appendix command with the article class.
I have some tables in the appendix and there is only one appendix.
But I should get the tables numberd A.1 A.2 etc. in the appendix. Right
now I am able to create appendix using \appendix command but the table
numbers are  conitnuation of the numbers from the body of the text.

I know this can be done in report class or book class. But what I have is
an article class and I want tex to give me the output that way. Any help
would be appreciated.

Regards,
Rijo John.